#a JACK patchbay in flow matrix style
A simple graphical JACK patchbay that tries to unite the best of both worlds:
- Fast patching and uncluttered port representation of a matrix patchbay
- Excellent representation of signal flow of a flow canvas patchbay
It additionally features tightly embedded graphical mixer clients automatable
with JACK MIDI/OSC.
- Middle button + move: move canvas
- Right button: open context menu
- Left button + Ctrl + move: move client
- Left button: connect clients w/o connecting ports within
- Left button + Ctrl: connect clients and ports automagically
- Left button + move: change gain coarse
- Wheel: change gain coarse
- Left button + Shift + move: change gain fine
- Wheel + Shift: change gain fine
- Right button + Ctrl: remove
- Left button: toggle port connection
- Left button + Ctrl + move: move matrix
- Wheel: toggle port connection
- Right button: remove and disconnect all ports
PatchMatrix mixer clients (AUDIO + MIDI) each have an additional JACK MIDI
automation port through which users can automate mixer matrix gains sample-accurately.
Currently, users have to send multiple MIDI messages for a single gain change
in a stateful transactional manner.
- NRPN-LSB: set index of sink port column (optional)
- NRPN-MSB: set index of source port row (optional)
- DATA-LSB: set lower 7 bits of gain (optional)
- DATA-MSB: set higher 7 bits of gain (mandatory)
DATA-MSB finalizes one transaction and sets gain to new value for currently
set sink/source port indexes.
PatchMatrix mixer clients (AUDIO + MIDI) additionaly support JACK OSC
automation through which users can automate mixer matrix gains sample-accurately.
/patchmatrix/mixer iif (source index) (sink index) (gain in mBFS [-3600,3600])
- JACK (JACK audio connection kit)
- LV2 (LV2 Plugin Specification)
#Build / install
git clone https://git.open-music-kontrollers.ch/~hp/patchmatrix
sudo ninja install